SUSE 8.0

Jochen Schröder jschrod at uni-muenster.de
Sun Nov 3 02:33:23 PST 2002

qp vives wrote:
> i'm installing lfs from a suse 8.0 distribution
> and at bash install...
> none of the libcurses.a and libncurses.a files are at the /usr/lib folder,
> even after installing ncurses-dev
> there are instead 2 files named libcurses.so & libncurses.so
>
> does it make any difference?
I did my lfs-installation from a SuSE 8.0 host system. I just had a
quick look and I do have a libncurses.a in /usr/lib, so either you
overlooked it, or you have to install some other Software in SuSE. Have
you tried a search for libncurses.a in the SuSE-help, that way you find
out if it is already installed or what package you need to install. It
should be in the ncurses-devel package.
cheers
Jochen
--