Question regarding compiling packages

Jamie jamie at gnulife.org
Sat Nov 2 18:14:20 PST 2002

   Thanks for writing, Tushar. I did go through the INSTALL file, but it
didn't seem to point out where I should specify any special LDFLAGS during
the compilation. As an earlier poster pointed out, this is due to the fact
that some of the packages are broken. Unfortunately many of the documents
I have run into covering make and autoconf haven't been able to answer
some of the questions I have, but I'll be hitting the lfs archives as soon
as they are working again.

   - Jamie