USB Support fails

David C david at desolateonline.com
Fri Nov 1 15:46:27 PST 2002

On Friday 01 November 2002 02:37 am, you wrote:
> * David C <david at desolateonline.com> [2002-11-01 08:21]:
> > Mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist        [failed]
>
> If you have the right usb modules loaded, the mount point appears. I
> have forgotten which ones are needed, as I now complie them into the
> kernel.
>
> Richard

Thanks Richard, your post put me on the right track to understanding
exactly what the problem was.

To the original poster: Assuming our problems were caused by the same
issue, you could try fixing it the way I did. I recompiled a new kernel
using the old .config file, but wherever I saw a USB option selected as
a module, I chose to compile it into the kernel instead.

Unless you really want to use modules for your USB stuff, this bypasses
the problem altogether.
--
David C.
Linux user #277013