gawk installation

Scott Thornley sthornley at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 1 12:42:31 PST 2002

On a related note, I've gone all the way through LFS successfully, and
while attempting to install XFree86, awk is not found. I went back to
chapter 6, and re-installed gawk.  awk still not found. I did find a symlink:

/usr/bin/awk --> /usr/bin/gawk/

should this actually be:

/usr/bin/awk --> /usr/bin/gawk/gawk

because that's what I changed it to, and X compiled without any further
problems.

Scott