patch-2.5.4 compiling problems (chapter 5)

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sat Mar 30 09:11:11 PST 2002

Alexander Lesch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I experienced following problem when compiling patch-2.5.4:
>
> LFS 3.2 page 48:
>
> after executing following command:
> make LDFLAGS=-static
>
> following message appears:
> gcc -c -D_GNU_SOURCES -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Ded_PROGRAM\"/bin/ed\" -I.
> -I. -g -02 util.c
> util.c: In function 'set_signals':
> util.c:730: incompatible types in assignment
> make: *** [util.o] Fehler 1

This is a problem with the system that you are building from.
What system are you using?

Can you do     man sigemptyset
If you have this man page then you may see:
SYNOPSIS
       #include <signal.h>

       int sigemptyset(sigset_t *set);

What does your system say?

> What does this mean?
> The patch-program is not installed.
> I don´t have '/bin/ed' - is this the reason?

You will have /bin/ed in your future LFS system.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org