Java Support?

Eric ebenze at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 07:48:53 PST 2002

Do you remember how much space it took you for your compilation?  The build
instructions say 1Gig!  And they talk about Motif?  I've got no X support
here, so cannot imagine the need for motif, and I don't want/plan to install
it just so I can compile the SDK.  Did you download/install the tarball or
the i386 binary?  (ie: the "Linux Red Hat RPM shell script" or the "Linux
GNUZIP Tar shell script")

Did you not have any problems with an error message complaining about the
libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.2?  ie: "error opening shared library error while
object file: No such file or directory"?

Where did you get the info for the req. paths?  I've been looking for the
documentation, and I find it attrocious!  I can't find the necessary install
instructions in the package anywhere - there's no INSTALL or README that
explains the compilation/installation procedure.

Thanks for the info!

Eric

"Paul" <dazzle750 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3CA437E0.9040707 at hotmail.com...
> I've got Java support. I just downloaded the Java 2 SDK for Linux from
> Sun and unpacked it, then added in the required paths etc into my
> .bash_profile. The download is about 26 Mb though.
>
> Using LFS 3.2 upgraded from 3.0
>
> Paul
>
> Eric wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install the Java Micro Edition in my LFS 3.2 system, but
I'm
> > running into a small problem.  Unfortunately, to compile the J2ME
edition,
> > you need the Java 2 SDK.  The SDK seems to be huge to compile on its own
> > (and badly documented), so I've tried to circumvent the issue by using
the
> > binary RPM.  Of course, that's where I start to run into problems.
> >
> > My initial system that I used to create my LFS system was a Redhat 7.2.
> > d'led the SDK rpm and installed it on my original RedHat install.  Now,
I'm

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org