GCC 3 success story

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 29 05:08:51 PST 2002

Yo,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 11:46:00PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I too have a brand new LFS-CVS system with only gcc-3.0.4 installed on it.
> Thus far I have not had any problem whatsoever, except the already known
> one like ncurses needing to be patched up. qt-3.x and kde-3.x worked all
> fine (I've only tested kdelibs and kdebase but both worked just fine).

One question I have, so perphaps i can dispell some myth's in #LFS :)

Alot of ppl consider the use of gcc3 a bad thing for the reason that
generated binaries are a tad larger and don't perform as nice as gcc
2.95.x.  What's your experience in this regard?  Do they generate that
larger binaries and so forth?

Just looking for some flame^H^H^H^H^Hdebating facts next time it comes
up... *g*

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org