BASH-2.05a Configure Errors

Jeff Harris jharris at tahonga.linux-dude.net
Fri Mar 29 01:48:58 PST 2002

I've mounted the device as listed in the FAQ. Root can compile & do
everything, other users can't.

I've discovered that non-root users can't create file descriptors on my
base system (Netmax Firewall L2.2Pv3.x). It must have something to do with
the firewall security. The configure scripts use file descriptors to
create the different make files, configure.logs, etc.

Unless someone knows of a way of allowing the creation of file
descriptors, I think I'll have to do chapter 5 as root.

Jeff