First time v3.2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 28 20:37:37 PST 2002

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:24:01AM -0500, Fraenhawk wrote:
> I'm in chapter 6 installing VIM. However I get a failure because of a
> dependency that's not listed for vim in the book: autoconf

Did you do anything to vim differently than the book told you (perhaps you
applied more patches)? Are you using the same version the book recommends?

Sometimes autoconf requirements may show up because of timestamps set on
files that may suggest that some files are newer than others and that
autoconf has to be run to re-generate the configure script.

Try running "touch configure" which will set the timestamp to the current
time, which should tell 'make' that configure is up to date and doesn't
need to be re-created using autoconf.

About gcc, did you perhaps forget to remove the gcc-2.95.3 and gcc-build
directories that you used in chapter 5? If so, remove them, read chapter 2
again and read the LFS FAQ (again) on this issue. It's important that you
know why you have to remove directories used in chapter 5.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org