Cannot find ld

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 28 20:33:48 PST 2002

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 08:28:19PM +1100, Mael wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm a bit of an amateur trying to install for the first time.
>
> Everything seems fine until Chapter 6, where after chroot'ing, then trying
> to install Glibc, I get an error when I get to 'make install'
>
> It gives me an error: Cannot find 'ld'
>
> If I type 'ld' at the command prompt, it says: ls: No input files
>
> So I guess ld is installed and in the PATH somewhere, but make can't seem to
> find it.

does your $LFS/root/.bash_profile contain "export PATH" and not just
"PATH="? Without the export PATH, a previously set $PATH variable will not
be passed on to a sub-shell like ./configure (it runs in it's own shell due
to the #!/bin/ls as the first line in it).

Other than that, enter chroot and simply type "echo $PATH" and see if it's
set.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org