Glibc2.2.5 configure problem (LFS-3.2)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 28 20:25:11 PST 2002

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 02:19:17PM +0000, Mark Binns wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Yanjun Yang wrote:
> > I received the following error during configure Glibc-2.2.5 according to
> > LFS-3.2
> <snip>
> > checking whether we aer using GNU C... \c
> > no
> > configure: error: GNU libc must be compiled using GNU CC
>
> That's the same thing I had. It means gcc wasn't installed properly.
> You'll need to go back and reinstall gcc.

It's that, or a missing egrep (the lines ending with \c indicate that a
grep program is not present or not statically linked (other problems can
also cause it, but since egrep is also the leading cause in GNU CC
detection problems, it stands to reason that 'grep' wasn't installed
properly in chapter 5)).

This, by the way, is in the LFS FAQ as well. Next time, please read it. The
GNU CC entry is at: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN157

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org