Upgrading from 3.1 to 3.2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 28 20:19:41 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 06:50:39PM -0500, IvanK. wrote:
> I stop building an LFS system before the init scripts.  I don't quite care for
> LFS's boot inits, and prefer my customized RedHat7.2-based ones.  I feel they
> are, errr, better organized?  Plus I'm used to them from four years of
> exposure to RH.  It's LFS after all, do it your way.

What do you mean by "better organized"? The scripts in the lfs-book are
based on redhat and debian versions of scripts, plus some other stuff we
came up with ourselves, minus all the possible support for all possible
scenarios for all possible hardware (which makes a distribution's script
very big, bloated and sometimes hard to follow, understand and modify).

But, if you find Redhat's better to work with, your choice of course. The
LFS scripts aren't perfect, will never be. They just show _a_ possible way
of how it _can_ be done, not how it has to be done.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org