Minimal Requirements of Distribution

jrok jrok jr0k at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:31:21 PST 2002

Hello,

I have about three gigs of space on my linux box that I wish to install my
lfs system on.  My host distribution was initially Redhat 7.2 but the 7.2
standard install is 1.5 gigabytes!  I was wondering what the best
distribution was to use as a host for an lfs system.  By best I mean I want
a distribution that just contains all the programs or tools necessary to
compile the lfs system, no more no less.  Can anyone suggest a distribution
that is optimal for this.  Slackware, Debian, SuSe?  Any help here would be
appreciated.

Thank you,
John