no compiling after 'no power'

Don Smith midio at att.net
Thu Mar 28 07:23:28 PST 2002

"Christian Lang" <Ziege.Lang at web.de> wrote in message
news:a7ucc1$nt$1 at shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org...
> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded a new tarball a second time.
> tar xzvf linux-2.4.18.tar.gz
> gunzip linux-2.4.18.patch.gz

What patch? what is this patch for? If you got the patch from the same
place as the kernel, don't apply the patch. That patch is for upgrading
a 2.4.17 kernel to 2.4.18. For people following kernel upgrades closely
they can just keep their current linux source tree and apply the patches
as they come out - in order, don't skip any - rather than downloading a
complete tarball every time.

> cd linux
> patch -Np1 -i ../linux-2.4.18.patch
>
> and I change the configure only to my processor an told it my
SCSI-Card
> but the same error.   :-(

Don

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org