GCC 3 success story

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Thu Mar 28 05:59:41 PST 2002

* Nils Radtke <Nils.Radtke at Think-Future.de> [2002-03-28 13:33]:
> # Me too. One hint for users with more than one partition: If you have /usr
> # on a partition of its own, you should copy /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 to /lib
> # and make a symlink /lib/libgcc_s.so pointing to it. Otherwise your system
> # will not boot (init will fail because it doesn't find this lib).
>
> Hm, there must be a not yet found correlation with gcc on your system.
> I' running gcc 3.0.4, glibc-2.2.5 with a separate /usr partition and
> I've done a default gcc installation. My system boots smoothly :-)
> (w/o the link)

I had to move /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 to /lib and change the symlinks.
My build scripts are not exactly like the book. Here is what I used
last time:

../build/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix\
  --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
make bootstrap
make install

Richard
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org