GCC 3 success story

Nils Radtke Nils.Radtke at Think-Future.de
Thu Mar 28 03:44:33 PST 2002

# Me too. One hint for users with more than one partition: If you have /usr
# on a partition of its own, you should copy /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 to /lib
# and make a symlink /lib/libgcc_s.so pointing to it. Otherwise your system
# will not boot (init will fail because it doesn't find this lib).

Hm, there must be a not yet found correlation with gcc on your system.
I' running gcc 3.0.4, glibc-2.2.5 with a separate /usr partition and
I've done a default gcc installation. My system boots smoothly :-)
(w/o the link)

One worthy comment is that smbmount troubles these days..
While accessing a mounted SMB-share via i.e. du -skH <share>/* the "du"
hangs, the share cannot be [smb]umounted [-f] neither remounted.. The
samba server itself continues running and serving..

* N.Radtke@                 * University of Stuttgart *    icq / lc   *
*      www.Think-Future.de  *    dep.comp.science     * 9336272/92045 *
* Die Fremde schenkt mir die Zunge eines Kindes, und bald macht sie   *
* mein Herz zu ihresgleichen. Ihr wisst, Herz und Zunge sind vom      *
* selben Fleisch.                                R. Schami            *