GCC 3 success story

Don Smith midio at att.net
Wed Mar 27 14:59:32 PST 2002

You could just copy it by hand and put a link to it's new location in
/usr/lib.

Anyway, ./configure --help will list most available options (if they've
keep it up). It's a little faster than reading the INSTALL doc.

--
Don
LFS# 734

"Chris Lingard" <chris at stockwith.co.uk> wrote in message
news:a7t9rr$msb$1 at shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org...
> Bill Williamson wrote:
>
> > Someone had asked for gcc3 success/failure stories.
> >
> > I have ONLY gcc 3 on my lfs.
> > 3.0.4.
> >
> > The problems I encountered (that I remember off the top of my head):
> > -ncurses.  Found the latest weekly build, it worked
> > -yacc.  Installed newest bison, and all was good (I could have those
two
> > backwards...)
> >

> Thanks for that info.  I patched ncurses.  I downloaded a package
called byacc; to use as YACC=yacc; but your solution is better.

> > Everything else (glibc 2.2.5 included) was a-ok, and I've got it
running
> > with openssh, apache, courier mail server, etc...  No problems so
far :)

> Standard LFS 3.2 build plus gawk. In chapter 6 I needed to build m4
and autoconf before gcc rebuild.

> I have got X, libmng, libpng, jpeg, pcre, lesstiff, imlib, Eterm and
emacs so far.  Supprised that the kernel built.  ungif failed.

> Will be going for bind, qmail, and lynx.   If that works I will be
using it for real.

> One important thing.  I used separate / and /usr partition so
libgcc.so ended up in /usr/lib.  /sbin/fsck depends in libgcc.so; and
/usr is not mounted when it is needed.  Is there any magic flag to get
gcc to put its libraries into /lib?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org