disk space with mounted partition

J R mrjre at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:22:44 PST 2002

I have had something I didn't expect happen with my machine.  I had LM 8.1
installed on a 1.5gb partition and a 300mb swap partition.  I then followed
the instructions listed in the book, making a lfs partition which was
approx. 3.0gb large.  Upon install of Mandrake approx. 1.0gb was on the
mandrake partition (dev/hda5)  however when I moved files to the mnt/lfs
partition, it still counted the space against my mandrake partition and I
ran out of hard drive space.  Can anyone help me understand why it happened
this way?