Does CPU type matter?

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 05:10:17 PST 2002

Hi all,

I built my 3.1 LFS almost four months ago on my laptop and now I want to use
it on my desktop.  However, the two machines are as different from each other
as day and night are.  My laptop is a pentium3 all-IDE machine, while my
destop is Athlon XP all-SCSI.  So far, I've run my pentium-compiled (no
optimizations) LFS on my desktop for a few hours, without any problems, thank
you (knock on wood).  But I wanted to check if there might be subtle problems
I should expect.  Should I rebuild a new, 3.2, LFS on the desktop?

Thanks,
IvanK.