Cannot find ld

Mael mael at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 27 01:28:19 PST 2002

Hi

I'm a bit of an amateur trying to install for the first time.

Everything seems fine until Chapter 6, where after chroot'ing, then trying
to install Glibc, I get an error when I get to 'make install'

It gives me an error: Cannot find 'ld'

If I type 'ld' at the command prompt, it says: ls: No input files

So I guess ld is installed and in the PATH somewhere, but make can't seem to
find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
Mael

related info: using Mandrake 8.1 as a base, running on an AMD Athlon

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org