just to check before i go on

Cristobal Cardona malstram at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 27 00:10:33 PST 2002

Yes you can delete that directory as well.  I don't remember exactly what
was done with it
in chapter 5, i think it was getting a few header files or someting like
that but you didnt actually compile the kernel or do anything which you had
to keep for later.   You can safely delete the directory then unpack it
againin chapter 6 to actually do the kernel config and compile.

good luck :)
cris