Am I in the right place?

Don Smith midio at att.net
Tue Mar 26 15:45:14 PST 2002

Only one stand out problem that is fading fast. Some applications will
not compile with gcc-3.0.x and you need to use gcc-2.95.3 for them.
These are mostly older code that used some constructs that are no longer
allowed under the latest compilers. And there are still a few bugs in
some of the 3.0.x versions but they are being quickly eliminated. The
latest, 3.0.4, seems to be pretty good. I'm trying it myself to see what
fails.

You have a hard choice: use 2.95.3 and everything should compile and
work just fine, but upgrading to gcc-3 will be a painful future project;
or use 3.0.4 and realize some of you favorite apps might not work for a
while.

--
Don
LFS# 734