Am I in the right place?

Mojo mojo at switch7.net
Tue Mar 26 13:57:16 PST 2002

Okay I stumbled onto LFS somehow - this is what I want to do:

* Build a Linux system from scratch with no distro-specific stuff.
* Build this with the latest kernel release (2.5.7)
* Build with the latest KDE (2.2.2) release.
* Build with the latest GNOME (1.4) release.
* Build with the latest Xfree86 (4.2.0) release.
* Build without the crap that bogs down most distros (like old obsolete
programs - or programs which are clones of another.
* Build to suit me.
* Build from Tarballs.

I've spent the last 4 nights downloading the latest releases of things
in tarballs (Xfree, gnome, kde, kernel, VMware etc).
Now I think ill need a list of things i definatly need (like GCC) and
get them.

And then start the mission!

Okay so guys - is it possible for me to do the above - is LFS the right
place to be - am I on the right mailing list?

Thanks again!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org