ReiserFS

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 26 14:08:57 PST 2002

Alas! Fabio Fracassi spake thus:
> No, you will need reiserfs in the kernel that is running.

Lol!

You are right, of course. I do need Reiserfs support in my kernel in
order to mount and use the disk to do my lfs on.

The question I was asking, though, was whether or not I would need
reiserfs support in my kernel in order to do the actual _formatting_ of
the disk, and the answer is no. I was able to compile, install, and
run the reiserfs tools without reiserfs support in my kernel.

Thanks though, I've got my own kernel recompiled with reiserfs support
and I've got /mnt/lfs formatted as reiserfs, mounted and ready to go.

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
feztaa at shaw.ca
--
Graduate students and most professors are no smarter than undergrads.
They're just older.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org