Mailing list problem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 26 10:13:11 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 06:32:23PM +0100, Stefan Drees wrote:
> this is the third time i get unsubsribed from the mailing list,
> without doing anything. Today i have recieved "Unsubscribe"
> from all my subcribed mailing lists.
>
> What is going on?

You have a problem at your ISP. Very frequently emails to your address
bounce:

<s_drees at home.de>: host mail.home.de[194.175.173.32] said: 550
    <s_drees at home.de>... User unknown

After too many bounces are received you're automatically unsubscribed from
that particular list.

Yesterday I unsubscribed you from all lists manually (as shown in the
emails from listar, it was me who requested the unsubscribe) because there
were a ton of emails in the mail queue that couldn't be delivered (around
a hundred a day).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org