LFS sneak preview

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 26 08:15:59 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 03:31:11AM -0800, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> Gerard and reb0rn were hacking away at splat (aka, our bugzilla killer)
> and figured they would give mod_perl a try.  Now.. for those that aren't
> aware, mod_perl as a DSO will seqfault apache if it isn't compiled
> correctly (That is, if you don't watch for Large File Support, yes it
> sounds like such a simple thing, however i spend over a year and a half
> trying to track down this problem, which is the same one Gerard was
> having), so After that comment, Gerard figured they would have a little
> fun and see how long it would take someone to notice ;)

Oh, but it didn't end with mod_perl. No, I just needed mod_perl to get
something like Apache::SSI Apache::Filter and more of those running. There
was simply no way I could get it to run. I spend hours on it too and it
just annoyed the heck out of me (hardly any documentation to speak of). So
in between mod_perl and Apache::SSI Juan (reb0rn on IRC) made a side remark
of "oh just install WinXP on the LFS server, get ISS and be done with it".
Soon after sneak preview 4 was born.

I'll remove it in a few minutes, it was kinda fun today waking up to a
bunch of concerned emails ;)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org