ReiserFS

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Tue Mar 26 03:11:45 PST 2002

Hi Gerard,

My understanding is that mounting with -notail disables a feature
of reiser that otherwise allows parts of files to be stored in
unused parts of blocks at the end of other files, and that if the
kernel image is stored that way, it can confuse LILO.

So presumably what matters is for -notail to be in effect at the
time the kernel image is copied to its final destination.

If you haven't had a problem, well maybe LILO has been changed
and there's nothing to worry about.  I just try to rtfm and do
what it says.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org