BASH-2.05a Configure Errors

Jeff Harris jharris at tahonga.linux-dude.net
Tue Mar 26 02:02:30 PST 2002

Root can untar and configure successfully both in the /tmp and $LFS
mounts. The lfs user can untar successfully, but not configure.

By using checkpoints, I've determined the first error is reported at line
781: "cat >&5 <<EOF". For some reason, this system doesn't like writing
to the file. I tried it straight to the shell and still errored.

I don't see any aliases with the cat. `which cat` gives me `/bin/cat`. My
ulimit -a shows that I can have 1024 open files. I can open any of them,
but I can't write to them.

Any ideas?

Jeff