Size of LFS install ...

Dominik Schaefer schaedpq2 at gmx.de
Tue Mar 26 01:22:09 PST 2002

jrok jrok wrote:
> What is the size of the standard LFS install?  I was just in the process
> of compiling glibc it on a 2 gig hard disk and it told me that I ran out
> of space!
I did an installation last weekend (following the latest CVS version,
except using the "keep-ch-5-and-6-separate"-hint and gcc 3.04). It
initially consumed 2.1GB, after removing the source directories and source
packages and stripping the debug symbols, the size was about 130MB.

> Is there a way to move my partitions to a different disk without
> having to reformat all my long hours of LFS work?
In general you would only need "cp -a". If your system is already bootable
/ read to use you should take a look at /etc/fstab, /etc/lilo.conf etc.

Bye,
Dominik
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org