BASH-2.05a Configure Errors

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 25 22:35:31 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 05:32:31PM -0800, Jeff Harris wrote:
> Yes! that worked fine (except the -f option needs to be last in the tar
> command).
>
> Now, trying to compile bash gives me permission errors. I'm in chapter 5
> of the book. I'm the lfs user. My lfs mount is mounted as shown in the
> FAQ. I umounted & remounted just to make sure it was mounted as per the
> fstab. What else could my problems be (besides a less than optimal base
> system)? Actually, the more problems I get, the more I want my "own"
> system!

Did you extract the bash tarball as user root? if so, user 'lfs' won't have
write access to the bash-2.05 directory to write temporary files and stuff.

I'm a bit puzzled by the '134933608' and such references. It's not a usual
temporary file name.

But start by checking the directory permissions and make sure user 'lfs'
can write to the files there (and create new files).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org