ReiserFS

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 25 22:06:23 PST 2002

Alas! Rod Roark spake thus:
> If you go to http://www.namesys.com/ there's an item in the FAQ about
> it, also in the man pages section.  Actually -notail is a mount option.

Ok, I have a question that isn't answered there (I think).

The hint says I have to install reiserfsprogs, then do mkreiserfs
instead of mke2fs when creating the partition. Do I have to compile the
kernel on my current lfs install with reiserfs support? Or can I just
run mkreiserfs with a regular kernel, and then compile reiserfs support
into the new kernel for the new lfs?

Thanks.

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
feztaa at shaw.ca
--
Sometimes I wonder if I'm in my right mind.  Then it passes off and I'm
as intelligent as ever.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org