Which packages are critical?

Eric ebenze at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 25 19:00:03 PST 2002

Indeed, that's a really interesting concept.  Unfortunately, it can't run
anything out of kernel space, so PPPoE wouldn't work (unless compiled into
the kernel), DHCP, PPP, PPTP, etc...  But the concept is definitely there.
Also the lack of logging could also tend to be problematic.  It might be an
interesting excercise to try to design the necessary items for such a system
directly into the kernel and thereby completely shut down all user/process
space.  Of course, that go contrary to the whole concept of making a kernel
lightweight and simple, but it might be an intereting route to attack....

Eric

news:20020325173848.37536.qmail at web21206.mail.yahoo.com...