BASH-2.05a Configure Errors

Jeff Harris jharris at tahonga.linux-dude.net
Mon Mar 25 17:32:31 PST 2002

Yes! that worked fine (except the -f option needs to be last in the tar
command).

Now, trying to compile bash gives me permission errors. I'm in chapter 5
of the book. I'm the lfs user. My lfs mount is mounted as shown in the
FAQ. I umounted & remounted just to make sure it was mounted as per the
fstab. What else could my problems be (besides a less than optimal base
system)? Actually, the more problems I get, the more I want my "own"
system!

Jeff

Mountpoint in fstab:
/dev/hdd2	/mnt/lfs	ext2	defaults	1	2

Bash errors:
./configure: 134922608: Permission denied
./configure: 134976928: Permission denied
./configure: 134922608: Permission denied
./support/config.guess: 135036888: Permission denied
./support/config.guess: 135070440: Permission denied
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one

[snipped]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org