Problem configuring perl.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 25 09:44:46 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 06:15:28PM +0200, Amir Hardon wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm trying to install an LFS system,
> and I can't install perl.
>
> The configure script works smooth until it creates the config.sh file,
> The first error I get is:
> "Configure: ./config.sh: line 684: syntax error near unexpected token

Can you send this list your config.sh file so I (or somebody else) can
commpare it against a working version and see what is missing.

Oh, before you do this, you may want to run a plain "./Configure". This
will ask you all kinds of questions, just accept all the defaults. It'll
take you a while to get through everything but you may spot errors a lot
easier that way.

If you can't figure anything from the manual Configure, then send the
config.sh file (compress it with bzip2 first if it's larger than say about
10 KB).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org