compiling bash

Miaow miaow at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 09:32:57 PST 2002

> I have successfully gotten to the step where I need to compile bash for
lfs,
> and I follow the instructions:
>

> ./configure --enable-static-link --prefix=$LFS/usr \
> --bindir=$LFS/bin --with-curses &&
> make &&
> make install &&
> cd $LFS/bin &&
> ln -sf bash sh
>
> and I get the following error:
>
> configure: error: unrecognized option: --with
> Try `./configure --help' for more information.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?  Thank you.
>
> Jeff

Are you sure you managed to get the hypen between the --with and curses
(--with-curses), I believe I had a similar problem with missing out a hypen
with a space and it coming up with a similar error.
The only other error I had with bash was when i literally typed in the
backslash on the first line it got upset so i just stuck it all on one line.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org