'I have no name' after glibc installation

Mensch, Manfred manfred.mensch at sap.com
Mon Mar 25 00:57:49 PST 2002

I am building LFS3.2 with Matthias Benkmann's hint 'Keep .. separate'.
glibc built and installed without problems, but even after starting a new
bash
it tells me 'I have no name' and whoami is unable to resolve a userid to a
username. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I could compile
other packages with this glibc, so it seems to be working.

Please cc my e-mail address when replying since I am not yet subsribed to
the mailing list.

Thanks very much,
Manfred.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org