Size of LFS install ...

Eric ebenze at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 24 22:26:15 PST 2002

Once everything is installed, and all the libraries / executables have been
stripped of their debug code, I've gotten the system down to about 150Megs.
However, during the actual  building process of the system, it obviously
used more, esp. when compiling glibc and the kernel.

If you are running out of space, I suggest that you create a separate
partition in which you can do all the untar'ing and compilation.  The just
mount it in /usr/src or something....

Eric

news:F68X89FwjwydLmm1ivs000057b5 at hotmail.com...