Chapter 5 Kernel Headers

David thunderbolt01 at netscape.net
Sun Mar 24 11:58:29 PST 2002

Hi All,

  In Chapter 5 Building the kernel header files shouldn't the line in
the script be specific to the architecture of the system like this?

    cp include/asm-<arch>/* $LFS/usr/include/asm &&

Replacing "<arch>" with proper system architecture of course.

The line in the book is this.

     cp include/asm/* $LFS/usr/include/asm &&

But yet there is no "asm" directory in the linux kernel tree. It uses
"asm-<arch>" instead. The line above causes compiling sysklogd in
Chapter 6 to fail due to not being able to find "msgbuf.h" in "asm"
which is missing due to not using the "asm-<arch>". It seems it would
cause problems with other packages also.

I hope I explained that right or at least where you can understand it. ;-)
Registered with the Linux Counter.  http://counter.li.org
ID # 123538

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org