Static Routes?

Eric ebenze at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 24 08:57:57 PST 2002

Am I missing something?  I've already gone thru the bootscripts
(rc.d/init.d/network), and basically, it looks for a config file where
ONBOOT is set to yes, and if so, then extracts the IP address, and Netmask
from it.  But if you have multiple static routes that must be set, then I
would need to create a separate config file for each route.  But then the
problem is that init.d/network calls ifup using the extension of
ifconfig.eth0 as its argument.  So I can't create multiple ifconfig.eth0
files.

Any ideas?

ie: if I want to add let's say
route add -net 192.168.1.15 netmask 255.255.255.255 eth1
route add -net 123.124.125.126 netmask 255.255.0.0 eth1
route add -net 192.168.5.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth2
route add -net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 eth0
etc

There don't seem to be any scripts that exist in LFS to automate this for
you.  I don't have a problem writing my own script, I just think it is an
oversight....  Am I wrong?

THanks!

Eric

news:a7ku9s$h32$1 at shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org...