How to get network set up correctly?

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Mar 23 23:18:46 PST 2002

On Sunday 24 March 2002 06:31, Steve Purdy wrote:
> Everything seems to come up fine during boot.  Do I have something
> setup wrong in one of these files, or am I missing something else?

You've missed some additional steps:
- add the IP address of your win98 server to /etc/hosts
- add this info to /etc/resolv.conf:
nameserver <ipadress of win98 box>
With the command you tell Linux to connect via win98.
route add default gw <ipadress of win98 box> eth0

PS this is all from memory, so I don't know if the info is
complete/correct. But this is how I got it to work. If it doesn't help,
you should try searching the mailinglist (blfs-support, where this
question belongs btw), that's how I got the info.
HTH

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans