submount question

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Mar 23 23:11:40 PST 2002

On Sunday 24 March 2002 02:51, harvit wrote:
> So I'd like to know if the fstab entries are processed succesively or
> not? Or maybe there's another way to define boot time mount
> hierarchy?

man fstab tells you what you want to know: it's in the first paragraph.
For your convenience:
"The order of records in fstab is important because fsck(8), mount(8),
and umount(8) sequentially iterate through fstab doing their thing."
I don't want to be rude, but could you have a look at
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html?
Thanks, HTH

--
Groeten/Greetings,