How to get network set up correctly?

Steve Purdy spurdy at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 21:31:12 PST 2002

I've got LFS 3.2 up and running, but I can't connect to the internet
through the network.

My LFS box connects to a Windows 98 box which does internet
connection sharing.  I can ping the Windows box fine, but I can't
ping anything externally.

/etc/hosts looks like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.0.2 localhost.localdomain localhost

/etc/sysconfig/network looks like this:

HOSTNAME=localhost
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1
GATEWAY_IF=eth0

/etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0 looks like this:

ONBOOT=yes
IP=192.168.0.2
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
BROADCAST=192.168.0.255

Everything seems to come up fine during boot.  Do I have something
setup wrong in one of these files, or am I missing something else?

Thanks,
Steve