submount question

harvit harvit at linuxfreemail.com
Sat Mar 23 17:51:41 PST 2002

K, thx for the quick reply, but:
is it possible to perform an ordered AUTO-mounting at boot time?

I assume I can make such sub-mounts manually but I rather rarely stay
at the machine, which provides several services. The problem is that I
need to take into account some break-downs in power supply and the server
is supposed to auto-bootup when the power is back (no, huge UPS'es are too
expensive for me :).
So I'd like to know if the fstab entries are processed succesively or not?
Or maybe there's another way to define boot time mount hierarchy?

Well, maybe just giving a shot to try it would be a better solution :)

thx again,

harvit

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org