Problem booting new LFS install

Eric ebenze at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 23:42:55 PST 2002

I'm running into the following problem when I try to boot my newly installed
LFS system.  I've finished through chapter 9, but don't seem to be able to
boot the system.  I'm getting the following message on boot-up:

INIT: version 2.84 booting
INIT: No inittab file found

Enter runlevel: <I enter '3' here>
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
INIT: no more preocesses left in this runlevel

<system freezes here>

I understand that there is no inittab file that was found - never created
one in the lfs installation.  However, I don't undeerstand why it stops
Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks!

Eric

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org