I think I found a bug in CVS

Sanctus Evanidus evanidus at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 21 21:48:59 PST 2002

Greg Turpin <gregturp at attbi.com> wrote:

> Is the CVS link from the website the absolute latest version of
> the book?
>
> If so, I found a couple of typos:
>
> Static compile of linux-kernel-2.4.18 page: There are still
> two references to kernel-2.4.17 on that page.

Don't bother about it, such things will oviously be corrected/verified when
the time come/before the next LFS release.

The thing is that by the time the next version of LFS is released (3.3 or 4.0)
The 2.4.19 kernel will surely be out anyway... (it is also the reason why
they did not bother adding the -rc4 patch which was ommited by mistake
in the stable 2.4.18 kernel. (at least I hope))

Better to wait until the softwares versions are 'fixed' in the book b4 a LFS
stable release to update all this. (sometimes need to switch versions back and
forth in the book when there is problems.. new versions of things can be
released at anytime and added etc... avoiding updating everything, each time
it happen, save time no? ;)

-Evan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org