APM/ACPU

Anders Widman andewid at tnonline.net
Thu Mar 21 13:20:41 PST 2002

Could anyone tell me how to get "idle" commands to work with newer
kernels.

I remember that process "kapmd" would utilize all available CPU time
to "chill" the CPU. Now, with all newer kernels this isn't happening.
The "kapmd" process is still there, but using 0% CPU time instead.

Could it be that those "idle" commands are simply shown as "idle"
instead of 100% for the kapmd process?

I have verifyed that "APM Idle command" is kompiled into the kernel.

Any sugestions?

//Anders

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org