send FAQ on subscription [was: Re: Removing Source Tree in Ch 5 [Was Re: problem installing Installing Texinfo-4.0]]

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Mar 21 03:06:09 PST 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:26:48 -0500 "Seth W. Klein" <sk at sethwklein.net>
wrote:

> Mostly, however, i think sending the FAQ in the list welcome message
> is a waste because find myself thinking of welcome messages as
> containing no information i need to read.

We could send the FAQ in the confirmation request and require people to
put a code into the subject when replying. Without the code you just get a
"magic code missing or bad" reply. The FAQ would contain an item "Why do I
get 'magic code missing or bad' when trying to subscribe to the mailing
list". A bit drastic but it would keep people who don't read the FAQ from
the mailing lists.

MSB

--
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org