scsi / lilo question

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 20 22:14:19 PST 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:46:53PM -0600, Jay Kosturko wrote:
>             Request_module [block-major-8]: Root fs not mounted
>             VFS: cannot open root device "802" or 08:02
>             Please append a correct "root=" boot option
>             Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 08:02

all the necessary SCSI drivers for your card (not as module but directly in
the kernel). Also, make sure you enabled the filesystem driver. ext2 is
enabled by default usually, but things like xfs, reiserfs, jfs and ohters
may not be.

Though, the VFS error above indicates a device problem, so I'd say there's
a missing SCSI thing somewhere. Perhaps SCSI Disc support ?

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org