Removing Source Tree in Ch 5 [Was Re: problem installing Installing Texinfo-4.0]

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Wed Mar 20 15:00:32 PST 2002

Erika Pacholleck <pchllck at nexgo.de> wrote:

> <snip> (Yesterday I played QUAKE,
> today I installed LFS -- yes, flame me on that one).

*chuckle*

> But obiously they all find the passage about how to mailinglist.
> So for a remark it is the right place. And why not be a bit more
> precise, like Before you mail for help
> 1. reread introduction chapters ...
> 2. read FAQ
> 4. read the documentation in the package source
> 3. search ml
> and remember if you repeatedly come up with questions which are in
> the FAQ or right in front of your nose in the book, you will loose
> your reputation on the mailinglist. This does not mean, we will not
> give you an answer, but you should not be astonished if it is RTF..

This is great for those who follow advice in the book, but those
people don't have this problem because the book already advises
them to remove the tree after installing. We need a solution for
people who _don't_ follow advice in the book.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
             Life on the edge? You're taking too much space
       if you're not living hanging from your safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org