Glibc

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 20 13:53:14 PST 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> It looks like glibc uses the glibc-2.2.5/manual/libc-texinfo.sh script to
> do some stuff and it may be doing things incorrectly. things like 'sed'
> 'cut' 'egrep' 'awk' may not be working on your system which would lead to
> incorrect output from this script. Try to run the commadns in the script
> and see what happens (you need to define AWK in the script. Normally the
> AWK variable is passed down from the Makefile file but since you're not
> going to use 'make' you need to speciyf this yourself during your tests).

Mea culpa.

I'd interfered with `egrep' and `fgrep' (ok, I'd linked them to `grep'),
and somehow lost my note that I still needed to test that this worked.

Thanks to you and everybody else who offered help. I'll a reply to my
original posting in a moment, to assist the search engine on LFS.

Ken
--
pppg_penguin.linux.bogus 2.4.17-jl15-ll 2011.95 BogoMIPS

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org